Each October foodies and fun-seekers from across the United States, British Columbia and beyond descend upon the Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival, Friday-Sunday, October 7-9. CrabFest needs more than 150 volunteers and staff to take care of our guests. There is nothing more satisfying than helping the thousands of visitors from around the world have a great time at the Festival and in Port Angeles.
There are a wide range of volunteer positions available including:
- Crab Feed Assistants: Assisting diners (table clean up, provide information).
- Information/Merchandise Booth: Provide information, sell sportswear to our visitors.
- Greeters: Welcome visitors and hand out programs at the main entrances of the tent and help with line management, give information and watch that no alcohol leaves the tent.
- Crab Feed Line Control: Chat with folks in line for the crab feed and help maintain control.
- Crab Derby: Registration, take money & provide information.
- Crab Sales: Crab Derby booth, take money and wrap crabs to-go
Volunteers receive a spiffy CRAB CREW t-shirt, and anyone who works two or more shifts during the weekend, receives a certificate for a free 1/2 crab dinner ($15 value), and the thanks of the community.
Annual Drawing: For each 4 hour shift worked, volunteers will get a chance in our Volunteer Drawing for prizes including 2 walk-on passes on the Coho Ferry. Refer a friend to volunteer and you both get an extra chance.
There is a Volunteer Training Meeting, Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 6:00pm in the Kitsap Bank Crab Central Tent (big tent in the Red Lion parking lot).
Full job descriptions and other information is available and Volunteers can register online at www.crabfestival.org/volunteers, at the volunteer meeting, or at the Festival.
To contact our Volunteer Director, Kelly Jo Hill, by email, send to:
For questions call 360.461.3950 or the Festival office at 360-452-6300.
The Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival is produced by Olympic Peninsula Celebrations, a Washington State nonprofit corporation. For details, including transportation, accommodations, directions and the full program, please visit our website at www.crabfestival.org, e-mail email@example.com, or phone 360-452-6300.