CrabFest annually welcomes thousands of “taste tourists” to the Port Angeles waterfront.
We celebrate the food, fall and everything Olympic Peninsula!
Having your chef join the line-up of the select few regional chefs sharing their passion with our fans during 30-45 minute on-stage demos Saturday and Sunday will not only boost awareness for your brand, it should also help drive hungry Taste Tourists into your restaurant after the Festival.
Last year’s line-up: http://www.crabfestival.org/
We hope you or one of your talented Chefs will consider joining the line-up of Chef Cooking Demonstrator presentations.
CrabFest provides a full stage kitchen and whatever is needed for you to cook-up some culinary magic! They’ll cover your expenses of product for demo and travel.
We hope YOU or one of your Chefs will consider lending an authentic PacNW culinary acknowledgement to one of the region’s oldest and largest culinary festivals.
Please contact ChefCookingStage@CrabFestival.org Emcee & Festival segment producer Dungeness Crab & Seafood Festival – Chef’s Cooking Demo Stage
Q: How long is each chef demo? > A: Chefs will be allotted a 60 minute slot to complete demo and respond to emcee (Steve!) facilitated Q&A. CrabFest recommends a cooking demo that lasts 30-40 minutes maximum, with the additional time dedicated to interview and Q&A.
Q: What about Samples? > A: Chefs should be prepared to bring their own pre-made sample/small plate meal and/or dish from on-stage demo samples for 50-60 people. Consider a restaurant pan in hot box, rewarmed in demo-stage stove with oven. Samples are typically plated by stage assistants approximately 10 minutes before your cooking demo ends. The first audience members in line receive samples. Everyone receives a recipe card.
Q: What equipment is available? > A: The demo stage includes:
- Commercial Refrigerator
- 6-burner commercial propane stove with oven
- Hand sink with hot water
- Two (2) – 6 foot laminated butcher block tables
- Overhead mirror and wireless lav mike / sound system
- Cutting boards, towels, paper towels
- Bleach water, soap, sanitize test strips
- Assorted pots, pans, and utensils (I recommend bringing your own knife set, and if you have need for a specialized “left handed melon pulp extractor” bring that too!)
- Food handling gloves
- A team of 1 or 2 veteran CrabFest demo stage chef’s assistants ready to help at stage right.
Q: Who provides the product? > A: CrabFest will reimburse Chefs for cost of all goods associated with pre-made samples and on-stage cooking demo. Please provide receipts and details for reimbursement at time of pre-cooking demo check-in. If you need help with advance shopping (especially if fish or Dungeness Crab is on your list) let us know – soon – so we can add it to our wholesale order.
- CrabFest will provide the above noted demo stage kitchen, basic prep utensils and pantry essentials, and all sample service items e.g. sample cups. “boats”, napkins, etc. Chefs are encouraged to bring their own knifes and any specialized equipment needed for cooking-demo. If in doubt, please ask in advance!
Q: Can you give me an idea of what has been done in the past? > A: Everything from chowders and sautés to seafood twists on classics such as Salmon Benedict. Fans really enjoy tips on technique and insights on ingredient selection and recommended pairings.
We ask chefs to provide an electronic file for their “cook-at-home recipe” of their demonstrated item, written in such a way as to include home-cook short cuts for exotic line ingredients they might not have access to, or “mere mortal” near-impossible culinary techniques, which are always appreciated.
Hope this helps, let me know if you other questions. ChefCookingStage@CrabFestival.org
Again, so pleased that you are considering your talents with CrabFest!